The Jáchymov Museum is housed in a historic mint building from the first half of the 16th century. If you go to the museum, pay attention to this beautiful Renaissance building in addition to the exhibition. The Jáchymov Museum can be found above the local town hall, near the Church of St. Jáchym. You can also find other historically valuable buildings in the area.
Expositions of the Jáchymov Museum
In the museum you will learn about the rich history of Jáchymov from the heyday of silver mining, through the beginnings of radon baths and the communist oppression of political prisoners forced to work in the local mines to the modern history of the town.
Among the museum\’s exhibits you will find:
- samples from the mineral wealth of the Ore Mountains
- demonstration of silver mining with a moving mining model
- historical books of the Latin school by Georgia Agricola, Johann Mathesius and Nickel Hermann
- reconstruction of a period balneology office
- exhibits relating to the labour camps after 1950 at the Jáchymov mines
The museum tour also includes a tour of the extensive underground beneath the mint. A part of the basement is arranged as a lapidarium.
The tour of the Jáchymov Museum will take you about 90 minutes. There is also an abbreviated guide in English.
- adults 100 CZK
- children, students, senior from 65 years 60 CZK
- group of adults from 10 persons 75 CZK